Resolution: to connect
According to FranklinCovey, makers of calendar/planners, 40 percent of us blame our busy schedules for our lack of follow through when it comes to fulfilling resolutions. These experts suggest that one of the most common reasons is because we become overzealous when making them in the first place.
So, I want to be extra careful as I make this promise to you. This year, we resolve to give you more practical and spiritual resources and inspiring true stories that model tomorrow’s Christian lifestyles. We resolve to make our magazine an even more authentic depiction of The Salvation Army, which is among the world’s most respected Christian organizations.
That’s because you are the kind of person who:
- Volunteers precious hours, days, and weeks away from family, friends, and coworkers to
be first responders when disaster strikes.
- Donates financially to help people in need.
- Lives responsibly by purchasing quality items from Salvation Army thrift stores.
- Partners in ministry with the family of God.
- Leads in your community.
- Reads this magazine to be informed and shares it with others to help them find Christ.
We resolve to publish 6 quality issues, post articles online, and offer evangelistic and service–oriented advertising that will connect you to places for worship, effective social services, exciting summer camps for kids, and meaningful adult programs.
Through a diversity of stories, testimonies, and topics, we’ll strive to be your essential source of Christian lifestyle information.
Overzealous? Maybe. But God has resolved that we can do all things through Christ who gives us strength (Philippians 4:13). We stand on that promise.
— Warren L. Maye, Editor in Chief