What is a Moonbeam?
The Salvation Army Moonbeam program is a holistic Christian Education experience for girls and boys in pre-k and kindergarten.
What are the goals of the program?
The goal of the Moonbeam program is to help boys and girls develop:
- Positive social and communication habits
- Artistic flare and giftedness through a Biblical worldview
- Christian values and Biblical principles
- Physical, mental, spiritual, and social development in a safe environment for learning, developing, and caring that is age appropriate and Christ centered.
Help us to do the things we should,
to be to others kind and good,
in all we do at work or play,
to grow more like Jesus every day.
I promise that I will try
to love God,
to help everyone
and to always do my best.
“Do your best!”
- Be four or five years old (six if still in Kindergarten)
- Attend four consecutive troop meetings
- Learn the Moonbeam Pledge, Motto, and Prayer