What is a Sunbeam?
The Salvation Army Sunbeam program is a holistic Christian Education experience for girls in grades 1-5.
What are the goals of the program?
The goal of the Sunbeam program is to help girls to develop:
- Positive social and communication habits
- Decision making and life skills
- Character and leadership
Through a Biblical worldview by encouraging:
- A sense of personal identity and character
- Christian values and Biblical principles
- Physical, mental, spiritual, and social development in a safe environment for learning, developing, and caring that is age appropriate and Christ-centered
- Be at least in the first grade
- Attend four consecutive troop meetings
- Recite the Sunbeam Pledge and Declaration