Open Call for 20/20 Speakers
The 20/20 Congress will feature several dynamic guest speakers who will be delivering short, engaging talks on a variety of topics relevant to the interests of Salvationists today. Each speaker will share from his or her ideas and experiences. The audience will have an opportunity to discuss their own thoughts on these topics with other Salvationists.
Fellow Salvationists should hear your voice, too! If you are interested in delivering an OnPoint Talk at The Salvation Army USA East 2020 Congress, follow these instructions:
1. Select one topic from the list below or suggest your own.
2. Upload a two-minute video of yourself by Monday, September 30, 2019, with the following:
• Introduce yourself and why you’d like to present a talk. What experiences or education have contributed to your insights on this topic for Army mission?
• Outline what you will say about the topic. What can you share about this issue that is relevant for Salvation Army mission?
3. A territorial committee will evaluate all submissions. If yours is selected for presentation, a full draft of your speech will be due by Friday, January 31, 2020. OnPoint Talks will be held at the 2020 Congress in Harrisburg, PA, where 4-6pm on Friday, June 12 and 1-5pm on Saturday, June 13. If your speech is chosen you will be notified of your assigned time slot and any other details.
Please, share this opportunity with anyone you believe has something to say that our Territory needs to hear!
Click here to upload your video, or any other documents you’d like to share: upload
- Human Trafficking
- Addictions and the Church
- Affordable Housing
- Contemporary Idolatries
- Technology and Mission
- Ecological Justice
- Something Else? In addition to the topics above, applicants are invited to suggest a different topic on which to speak. Please, outline the scope and emphasis of your talk in your short video submission.
Contact Soojung.Kim@use.salvationarmy.org if you have any questions.